(Last updated: February 25, 2019)
At Carpuride website, the privacy of your personal information is important to us. We are committed to providing you with an experience on all of our sites and services that is safe, secure and trustworthy.
We work hard to be transparent about what Personal Information we collect and process, while striving to use clear and direct language to describe our privacy practices to help you make informed decisions.
This Policy and any other documents referred to in it explain:
- The types of information collected by Carpuride through the Services and the purposes for which we use it.
- How Carpuride collects, stores, and shares your information.
- Your rights with respect to such information collection.
WHAT KINDS OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- Information you provide when you use the Digital Services or order related content, products or services, including when you sign up for newsletters, order subscriptions, create an account or register for a membership through the Digital Services or via Subscription Forms. This may include your contact, payment or demographic information.
- Information you submit when you choose to participate in a survey, sweepstakes, competition, promotion, event or similar initiative.
- Information you give us about others, such as a friend’s contact information when you order a gift subscription.
- Information collected by Cookies and Similar Technologies. This includes information about your device and browser, including IP address or mobile device advertising identifiers, as well as information about how you and others use, interact with or respond to the Digital Services. This type of collection takes place while you are using a Digital Service or while the Digital Service is running in the background of your device.
- Precise location information associated with your device when location services are active.
- Information we obtain from other sources, such as business partners, data suppliers and social media platforms.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We will use this information in our legitimate interests, where we have considered these are not overridden by your rights:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- To keep our site safe and secure.
- For measuring or understanding the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- To keep you informed about products and services similar to the ones you subscribe to.
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- Internal research: Cookies and the other information we automatically track is used to help us better understand how our audience uses our site as well as for internal research on users’ demographics and interests.
HOW AND WHEN DO WE SHARE OR DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION?
- Affiliates and Subsidiaries. We work closely with affiliates and subsidiaries companies with whom we share your information as necessary or appropriate to operate the Digital Services.
- Service Providers. In connection with the operation and provision of the Digital Services, Subscription Forms and the fulfilment of orders for our products or services, we engage various third parties to provide services or handle transactions on our behalf, such as payment processing, email distribution, list processing, postal mailing, cloud computing, analytics, digital content or print subscription performance measurement, ad serving, and managing sweepstakes, competitions, promotions or events. These service providers use the information we provide to them as necessary or appropriate for the performance of their services.
- Advertisers, Advertising- and Marketing-Related Service Providers and Partners. We may provide your information to advertisers, advertising agencies, ad networks, ad exchanges, marketing businesses, technology vendors and other entities that create, deliver and assess advertising or marketing campaigns, including interest-based ads.
- Social Media Platforms. If you interact with social media widgets, share content using social media share buttons, or access features of the Digital Services that contain content or features provided by Social Media Platforms, the relevant Social Media Platforms collect information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the Social Media Platforms that you engage with to understand their privacy practices, which we do not control.
- Business Partners. In certain circumstances we provide your information to business partners including, without limitation, joint marketing partners, content sponsors or event organizers, for various purposes. For example, we partner with a third party to offer products on a co-branded, co-sponsored or cross-promotional basis that involves the sharing of information. These initiatives take place on the Digital Services or on another media. The participation of a business partner in a particular initiative is communicated to you by the inclusion of the products, services or branding of the relevant business partner.
- Other Parties When Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Rights. We share your information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to protect, enforce, or defend our legal rights, the privacy or safety of our employees, users of the Digital Services or other individuals and entities, or to comply with or enforce applicable industry standards, law or legal process, including responding to court orders, warrants, subpoenas and other requests from public and government authorities.
- Corporate Transactions. We may transfer any of the information we have about you to proceed with the consideration, negotiation, or completion of a sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets to a third party, such as in the event of a merger, acquisition or other disposition, or in connection with a bankruptcy reorganization, dissolution, or liquidation.
- With Your Consent or Otherwise at Your Direction. In addition, we share your information with third parties when you consent to or request such sharing.
YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- In certain circumstances, you have a right to access or object to the use of personal information held about you (including in relation to direct marketing). You can also ask us to rectify, update, erase, restrict or to share your information in a usable format with another company. Such requests are subject to applicable law.
- We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate.
- If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us using the details provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honor your requests.
We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- Maintain business records for analysis, understanding market trends and/or audit purposes and to improve our Digital Services.
- Comply with record retention requirements under applicable laws or other relevant legal or regulatory requirements.
- Defend, establish, exercise or bring any existing or potential legal claims.
- Carry out fraud detection and prevention.
- Deal with any complaints regarding the Digital Services, our products and services.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
The Digital Services are not intended for use by children, especially those under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.